Keep your products like new
MAAX uses durable, high quality materials and innovative technology in the manufacturing and design of its product to minimize the time you need to spend cleaning and caring for them. However, proper and regular maintenance is still vital.
Bathtub, Tub Shower & Shower Maintenance
- Clean regularly with a non-abrasive cleaning spray, cream-based cleansing agent or dishwashing soap. Any cleaning product with the inscription "safe for acrylic" may be used. Pure vinegar is useful to remove stubborn stains, but if the stain persists, use 99% alcohol. Never use abrasive cleansers, scrapers, metal brushes, or anything that could scratch or dull the surface.
- Remove plaster residue with a plastic or wooden spatula wrapped in a moist cloth.
- Repair nicked or damaged surfaces immediately using MAAX repair kits for acrylic surfaces, available from MAAX dealers.
- Use therapeutic products, such as bath oils, salts and bubble baths with caution, as they may damage your tub's finish. Read the directions for such products closely and, if needed, test on a small surface prior to use.
- Clean your shower doors after every use. Use a squeegee to wipe water and soap residue off the interior. If you have hard water, spray the door with a solution of 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water prior to wiping.
- Wipe your shower door track regularly with a dry cloth after showering. MAAX offers unique shower door systems: the Sure-Glide and EZ Kleen systems help prevent water and soap accumulation, but do still require periodic wiping.
- Replace shower door gaskets (horizontal and vertical) if there is any tear or if they become discolored. Gaskets are easy to purchase and change, however, specific showers require specific models. Check your purchase invoice for details.
Non-abrasive cleaning sprays or cream-based cleaning agents should be used to clean Utile with a chamois, soft cloth or sponge. Never use abrasive cleaning products, scrapers, metal brushes, cleaning erasers or anything that could scratch or dull the surface of the Utile panels. Also note that tile and grout cleaners are not recommended for use with Utile products and could damage your unit.
Air Massage System Maintenance & Use
- Clean the product like any other bathtub (see above). No other specific maintenance is required.
- The jet dry cycle runs automatically for 30 seconds to dry the jet covers after the system has been activated for 20 minutes.
- Turn the blowers on for 30 seconds after emptying the bathtub to dry the jet covers if you take a bath without operating the whirlpool system or if your bathtub remains full of water for more than 10 minutes after the system has been turned off. Many of our systems have an automatic drying option pre-programmed. Check your installation manual for more details or contact our specialists.
Whirlpool Maintenance & Use
- Clean piping and pump monthly. Fill the bathtub with hot water (max. 104°F/40°C) up to two inches (5 cm) above the jets; add the cleansing agent (either whirlpool piping cleaner or 2 cups of dishwasher powder), and turn the whirlpool system on for 10 minutes. Empty the bathtub. Use cold water to rinse, turning the system back on for 10 minutes, while keeping the air controls turned off.
- Never use dishwashing soap as a replacement for bath soaps as they are highly foaming and can create excessive suds that may clog your whirlpool system.
- Use therapeutic products, such as bath oils, salts and bubble baths with caution, as they may damage your tub's system. Read the directions for such products closely and, if needed, test prior to use.
Shower Body Jet System Maintenance
The MAAX IES, AquaSens and Integrated Multi-Jet shower system jets work like normal showerheads and do not require any specific maintenance.
For any other questions about how to keep your product as new for longer, contact MAAX customer service.